We see Mental Health Sunday as a way for your congregation to begin or to continue to provide education and support to your members around mental health challenges.
We encourage you to:
- Plan a Sunday with the theme: "Widen the Welcome: UCC for Mental Health"
- Use the collection of worship resources in the Resource Guide for Mental Health Sunday. You will find some newly created resources in the resource section below. Worship resources include sermon ideas as well as complete sermons, a litany, unison prayers and more.
- Explore the Congregational Toolkits for teaching your congregation about mental illnesses
- Send us stories and/or questions (use the form below or email email@example.com).
- Pay particular attention to future UCC MHN emails regarding mental health concerns
More Worship Resources for Mental Health Sunday
Download and print these files or edit/format them to meet your needs.
Checklist for Churches: Becoming a Welcoming, Inclusive, Supportive and Engaged (WISE) Congregation for Mental Health
Tips for Getting Ready for Mental Health Sunday
Sermon on The Stigma of Mental Illness
More Resources for Your Mental Health Sunday Services
Call to worship and prayer
Litany for Mental Health Sunday, 5.5" x 8.5"
Bulletin insert (front), 5.5" x 8.5"
Bulletin insert (back), 5.5" x 8.5"
Widen the Welcome logo (CMYK, 300 dpi) for use on printed material
Sample bookmark created by Broadmoor UCC Church in Colorado Springs
Exegesis: Lamentations 5:19 – 22
The UCC Mental Health Network intends to provide on-going resources and suggestions. We would gladly welcome any of your questions as well as stories of what you have done regarding a focus on mental health in your congregation. Share these by emailing Alan Johnson, chair of the UCC Mental Health Network, firstname.lastname@example.org.